Terms & Conditions
At Crosskeys Coaches we are committed to protecting your privacy, this means we only use the information we collect about you in order to process your holiday quickly and efficiently and to tell you about our services. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping all personal details confidential.
What we collect and why.
When you book with Crosskeys Coaches we need to know your name and mailing address and credit or debit card number and expiry date, and if possible your e-mail address and telephone number. If you make an enquiry or join our mailing list we collect your name and mailing address, company name and position if applicable, telephone number, facsimile number and e-mail address. We use this to advise you of information concerning your booking, enquiry or to advise you of new services and promotions that think will be of interest to you. We may use aspects of information about you to assist with our marketing and promotional developments in order to improve and extend our product range, enhancing the quality and service we provide to our customers. Our aim is to provide you with the highest standard of service and increase our customers choices where ever possible.
Who else do we give your details to?
We will never wilfully disclose personal information about you to any third party without receiving your permission. We may have to pass on certain details to a company or organisation in order that your booking can be provided. For example, the tour operator, the airline, hotel or credit card company. When you make a booking this means you consent to our passing on such details. We may be required to provide information by law as permitted by the Data Protection Act or by a legal authority recognised by the European Union.
"Cookies" - What are they? How do we use them?
Many websites use "cookies" to help to improve the service provided on the website. "Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive.
Our website uses Session Cookies to enable it to keep track of your movement within the site and move from page to page without losing information, such as what is in your shopping cart.
We use third parties such as Google to analyse our sites statistics - such as how long our users browse on each section of our website. This information enables us to better design areas of our website. We do not store this information, use it for any other purpose, or pass on personal data to any other parties.
YOUR CONTRACT WITH CROSSKEYS
1. YOU PAY A DEPOSIT - When booking a holiday, you must sign the Booking Form and pay a deposit of £25.00 per person (£10.00 per person for day trips) - no deposit is required for infants under the age of two. The deposit is your only commitment until four weeks prior to departure.
2. YOU PAY THE BALANCE - Within 2 weeks of booking you will receive a deposit letter which will show the balance of the holiday cost which you must pay to us not less than 4 weeks before departure. If you have made your holiday booking within 4 weeks then the total cost is immediately payable. No further reminder is sent to you, and if the balance remains unpaid by this time, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and to make a cancellation charge at the rates shown below.
3. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR HOLIDAY BOOKING - If, after making your booking and receiving our confirmation of same, you wish to change to another of our holidays or alter tour booking in any way (e.g. by changing departure date or name change) we will do our utmost to make the changes, provided written notification is received at our office from the person who signed the booking form, at least 4 weeks prior to the departure date. This must be accompanied by a payment of £10.00 per person.
4. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY - If you, or any member of your party wishes to cancel your holiday, you must notify us in writing, in any case, the date of cancellation will be thedate on which notice is received in the Tours Department of Crosskeys. The person who signed the booking form must also sign the letter of cancellation. As this incurs administrative costs and we may not be able to resell your booking, cancellation charges will be applied on the following scale:
Period before departure within which written instructions are received by CROSSKEYS.
Amount of cancellation charge shown as a % of total holiday price excluding insurance premium.
More than 28 days
22 to 28 days
15 to 21 days
8 to 14 days
7 days or under
30% of total holiday cost
45% of total holiday cost
60% of total holiday cost
100% of total holiday cost
NOTE: Insurance claims in respect of cancellations should be submitted as quickly as possible and in any event within 14 days of the date of notification to Crosskeys.
5. COMPLAINTS - If you have a complaint during your holiday please immediately inform our local representative who will do their best to rectify the problem. If the matter cannot be put right on the spot you must record the details of your complaint in writing with our local representative. We cannot consider any claims if this procedure is not adhered to.
6. CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE - We would advise you that occasionally some coach journeys are operated by vehicles other than those owned by Crosskeys and the specification on these vehicles may therefore be different to that detailed in your brochure.
7. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS - You are solely responsible for ensuring that all necessary travel documents, e.g. passports, visas, vaccination certificates etc. are valid and effective. We would be pleased if you would note that some non-EEC passport holders must now obtain a special visa for entry into France.
8. OTHER ITEMS -
(a) You must not bring pet or other animal on holiday.
(b) You may not play a radio or cassette player on the coach.
(c) All our coaches are NON SMOKING.
(d) You are responsible for ensuring that you are at the correct departure point at the correct time, and we cannot be held liable for any loss or expense suffered by clients because of the late arrival at any departure point. As a precaution, we would strongly advise clients to arrive at their departure point by a least 15 minutes prior to departure of their tour.
9. RIGHTS OF REFUSAL - We must point out that Crosskeys reserve the unconditional right to refuse a booking or terminate a passenger's holiday in the event of unreasonable conduct.
OUR OBLIGATION TO YOU
1 WE RESERVE YOUR HOLIDAY - When we have confirmed that we have the available space on the holiday of your choice, your holiday booking is confirmed as soon as we receive your booking form and deposit. We will forward a deposit letter to you within 2 weeks and the contract is made when you receive this letter.
2. NO SURCHARGE GUARANTEE - In these uncertain times, no company can be sure that surcharges may not be levied. With this in mind we guarantee that once you have paid the final balance due on your holiday there will not be any additional surcharge levied.
3. IF WE CHANGE YOUR HOLIDAY - Your holiday is planned many months in advance and although it is unlikely. It is possible that circumstances may force us to make changes to the advertised holiday. If for reasons beyond our control, it proves necessary to change your hotel accommodation, we will undertake to provide alternative accommodation of similar or higher classification. Again, where some feature of your holiday such as a visit or excursion cannot be offered, we shall substitute an equivalent or improved arrangement wherever possible. If a major change becomes necessary we will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. A major change is one that we make to your holiday arrangements before departure which involves changing your day of departure, resort area, or offering accommodation with a lower classification. You must opt for one of the following:
(a) accept the changed arrangements as notified by us.
(b) Purchase another holiday from us at a discount of 5% on the brochure price or
(c) Cancel your holiday.
If you choose (c) we will refund all the money you have paid to us, but will have no further liability to you.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Compensation payments do not apply to changes caused by reason of war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural disasters, fire, technical problems, to transport, closure of airports, or ports and similar events completely beyond our control.
4. IF WE CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY - In certain circumstances we may have to cancel your holiday and if this should occur we will return to you all the money you have paid to us or offer a suitable alternative.
5. OUR LIABILITY - Crosskeys accepts liability for those arrangements for your holiday which are wholly within our control and therefore, accepts liability to clients for the negligence of our agents, which includes our employees. However. We would draw your attention to the following circumstances which fall outside our direct control or where for some other reason we are not prepared to accept liability.
(a) We make every effort to ensure that proper arrangements have been made for all holidays advertised in our brochure and that the suppliers of the services which you will enjoy during your holiday are efficient and reputable. However, we do not have any direct control over the provision of such services to you by those suppliers, and do not accept liability for any loss (however caused) arising from the action or omissions of such suppliers of services roof their employees who are our agents.
(b) Please remember that some hotel amenities (e.g. lifts, swimming pools) require servicing or cleaning and we cannot therefore, guarantee that they are always available. Other factors such as weather or lack of demand can affect the provision of entertainment or outdoor amenities described in our brochure.
(c) The published running times of services are estimates only and we will not be liable for any loss (however caused) arising from delay or failure to operate services in accordance with published timings.
RESERVATIONS - When you have completed the booking form send it together with the deposit and insurance t Crosskeys at the address shown on the booking form. The minimum number of passengers required to operate any tour is 15. If numbers are below this figure we will inform you at least 7 days prior to departure.
DEPOSITS - A deposit of £50.00 per person is required for all holidays detailed in the brochure (£10.00 for day trips).
PAYMENTS - Can be accepted in cash or cheque London agent available for most payments - please enquire.
CHILDREN - Crosskeys welcomes children unless we specify the tour is unsuitable for under a certain age.
NO SMOKING COACHES - All our Coaches are NON SMOKING.
PASSPORTS & VISAS - You are soley responsible for ensuring that all necessary travel documents are valid and effective. You will either need a full 10 year British passport or a 1 year British Visitors passport for all continental holidays. When travelling along you cannot use a joint passport. PLEASE NOTE: Some EEC citizens are now required to take out a visa for entry into French territory. If you were born outside the United Kingdom please enquire at the appropriate Embassy.
HEALTH - Every person travelling aborad in the EC, should carry with tham Form E111. this proves entitlement to free medical treatment (subject to certain conditions) and is issued free from Main Post Offices. No inoculations were required to visit countries featured on this site at the time of uploading.
INSURANCE - Is advisable on all tours of whatever duration.
LUGGAGE - Adequate accomodation is provided in our coaches for passengers luggage, but obviously space is not unlimited and passengers are requested to restrict their luggage to one medium sized suitcase per person plus small hand luggage which may be taken in the coach. On all continental tours using a night crossing you must take a small overnight bag as your cases stay locked in the coach until arrival at your first hotel.
HOTELS - Unless otherwise stated, the hotel accomodation provided for tours in this brochure are of a minimum 2 Star standard ie, a twin, double or single room (unless a 3 or 4 bedded room is booked) with private facilities.
Under certain circumstances we may need to charge hotels for those stated in the brochure. If this becomes necessary you will be informed in good time, however we cannot accept claims for compensation as a result of this.
BEDROOMS - The position of any room cannot be guaranteed and in the main room allocations are the resposibility of the holtelier. However, special requests such as low floor rooms are passed on.
SINGLE ROOMS - Are usually subject to a supplementary charge of £15. Friends travelling together are advised to share twin rooms. If you're prepared to share you can avoid this charge and if there is someone else on your tour who is also prepared to share with you than we will arrange this. Please ask us at the time of booking if there are any others willing to share. Of course this is subject to availability.
MEALS - Unless otherwise stated the only meals provided with the basic price of the tour is Continental breakfast.
ENTRANCE FEES - We specifically state where entrance fees and other charges are included in the tour price. In general, however, visiting attractions en-route is optional and you should allow for these additional expenses.
SERVICE CHARGES AND GRATUITY - Service charges are included in all tour prices but as you know, tipping is part of the tourist scene. If you have had a good service and are satisfied you may wish to show it.
TRAVEL CLUB - Membership is £10 annually and offers a 5% discount. Travel club membership is non-transferrable. Discounts do not apply to all trips or to any third party operated trips.