Elegantly rolling across six counties, the glorious golden Cotswolds are full of picturesque villages and chocolate-box cottages and we visit some of the most beautiful, including Lacock Village, on our tour. We also enjoy a steam train journey and a private garden tour of Bowood House.
3 nights’ dinner, bed and breakfast
Glass of Wine with dinner on the first night
Free use of indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, spa bath & gym.
Entrance to Bowood House Including Tea & Coffee on arrival
Tour of Lansdowne Private Walled Garden
Entrance to Lacock Abbey, Fox Talbot Museum & Village
Single Trip on the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway
Day 1: We will make our way to Swindon and our hotel, making a lunch stop at Windsor on the way.
Day 2: This morning we visit Bowood House and Gardens and enjoy tea and coffee on arrival before walking through a secret door into an enchanting, beautiful garden. We will enjoy a 1 hour guided tour of Lord and Lady Lansdowne’s private award winning walled garden. We spend the afternoon at historic Lacock Abbey, Fox Talbot Museum and Village. Set in rural Wiltshire, the village is famous for its picturesque streets and historic buildings and is a popular TV and film location. The Abbey is located at the heart of the village and houses the Fox Talbot Museum.
Day 3: Today we discover the beauty of the Cotswolds on a drive through the English countryside. We will visit the most picturesque villages of the area including Burford, Bourton-on-the-Water, Moreton-in-Marsh, Chipping Campden & and Stow-on-the-Wold. You will be able to wander through some of these pretty villages and take the time to visit the many shops, tea shops and restaurants that abound.
Day 4: After breakfast we begin our journey home, stopping for lunch along the way.
This modern 4-star hotel is located in its own grounds on the outskirts of Swindon, with excellent access to the Cotswolds.
Each of the 156 bedrooms are modern and well decorated and include Tea/Coffee in rooms.
Leisure facilities include an indoor swimming pool, spa bath, sauna and gym.
Tours in this Itinerary
Fri 28 Jun, 2019
- Twin beds
- Single Bed
- Double Bed
|Fri 28 Jun, 2019
- (00:00) Ashford - Park Street Bus Stop A
- (00:00) Ashford - Tesco Park Farm Bus Stop
- (00:00) Capel - Layby o/s Food Market
- (00:00) Deal - South Street Bus Stop
- (00:00) Dover - Pencester Road Bus Stop X ( name of bus stop)
- (00:00) Folkestone - Bus Station Bay E
- (00:00) Folkestone - Home Pine House Bus Stop
- (00:00) Folkestone - outside Morrisons Supermarket Bus Stop
- (00:00) Hythe - Red Lion Square Bus Stop
- (00:00) Maidstone - Vinters Road Car Park (off Sittingbourne Rd)
- (00:00) Ringwold - The Five Bells Bus Stop
- (00:00) Sandgate - Memorial Bus Stop
- (00:00) Seabrook - The Fountain Pub Bus Stop
- (00:00) Sellindge - Village Stores Bus Stop
- (00:00) Walmer - Opp. Thompson's Bell Pub Bus Stop
- (00:00) Willesborough - Tesco Bus Stop ( On Main Road )