With its prestigious university made up of the 31 colleges, its beautiful winding river filled with old fashioned punts and its old cobbled streets, Cambridge is one of the UK’s prettiest towns.
Our tour of Cambridgeshire includes a 2 hour walking tour of Cambridge University and a guided tour of the elegant Ely Cathedral both of which will give you a real sense of history and life in Cambridge.
3 nights dinner, bed and breakfast
2 Hour Walking Tour of Cambridge University
Entrance and guided tour of Ely Cathedral
Entrance to the Duxford Imperial War Museum Duxford
Day 1: We make our way to Cambridge arriving in plenty of time for dinner
Day 2: After breakfast we will head to the historic city of Ely and enjoy a guided tour of the magnificent, 12th century Ely Cathedral. After your visit to Ely Cathedral you will have free time to explore, take a visit to Oliver Cromwell’s house or have a walk around the Ely Museum or alternatively Ely has a beautiful waterside area, which is an attraction within itself, where you can explore the many cafes and restaurants.
Day 3: This morning, we enjoy a 2 hour guided walking tour of Cambridge University, which will include Trinity Hall, Peterhouse (Cambridge’s oldest college) and the iconic King’s College and King’s College Chapel. In the afternoon you have free time to explore Cambridge at your leisure and with so many things to see and do you will be spoilt for choice.
Day 4: After breakfast we begin our journey home making a stop along the way at the Imperial War Museum Duxford. Walk through the same hangars and buildings as those who served at RAF Duxford, you may see aircraft take to the skies from the airfield that Spitfires first flew, and get up close to over a century of aviation with hundreds of aircraft and objects on display.
This modern 4 star hotel overlooks a lake and is just a short journey from Cambridge.
All bedrooms are stylish and spacious and are decorated in muted colours, and have tea and coffee facilities.
There is a cosy bar, elegant lounge and an outside seating area.
Leisure facilities include an indoor swimming pool, spa bath, steam room and gym.
NB – Please note, that dining may not always be available in the main restaurant.
Tours in this Itinerary
Thu 25 Apr, 2019
- Twin beds
- Single Bed
- Double Bed
|Thu 25 Apr, 2019
- (00:00) Ashford - Park Street Bus Stop A
- (00:00) Ashford - Tesco Park Farm Bus Stop
- (00:00) Capel - Layby o/s Food Market
- (00:00) Deal - South Street Bus Stop
- (00:00) Dover - Pencester Road Bus Stop X ( name of bus stop)
- (00:00) Folkestone - Bus Station Bay E
- (00:00) Folkestone - Home Pine House Bus Stop
- (00:00) Folkestone - outside Morrisons Supermarket Bus Stop
- (00:00) Hythe - Red Lion Square Bus Stop
- (00:00) Maidstone - Vinters Road Car Park (off Sittingbourne Rd)
- (00:00) Ringwold - The Five Bells Bus Stop
- (00:00) Sandgate - Memorial Bus Stop
- (00:00) Seabrook - The Fountain Pub Bus Stop
- (00:00) Sellindge - Village Stores Bus Stop
- (00:00) Walmer - Opp. Thompson's Bell Pub Bus Stop
- (00:00) Willesborough - Tesco Bus Stop ( On Main Road )