Camden Lock Market, London, by the canal, was the original craft market, established in 1974, but now has a much wider spectrum of goods on sale.
Camden Town has been a residential area since the 1790s, but it was only the development of the Grand Union Canal and the improved railway transport that turned it into a bustling part of London. Today, visitors and locals gather to hunt for treasures in Camden's markets, stroll by Regent's Canal, gaze at the beautiful buildings, sample cuisine from around the world, listen to live music and soak up the vibrant and diverse atmosphere. Many famous people, including Dylan Thomas, Walter Sickert and Amy Winehouse, made Camden their home. There is always something happening in the centre of Camden Town.
Visitors and locals gather to hunt for treasures in Camden’s markets, stroll by Regent’s Canal and gaze at the beautiful buildings. There is always something happening in the centre of Camden Town.
Tours in this Itinerary
Mon 11 Mar, 2019
|Mon 11 Mar, 2019
- (00:00) Capel - Layby o/s Food Market
- (00:00) Deal - South Street Bus Stop
- (00:00) Dover - Pencester Road Bus Stop X ( name of bus stop)
- (00:00) Ringwold - The Five Bells Bus Stop
- (00:00) Walmer - Opp. Thompson's Bell Pub Bus Stop
- (08:05) Folkestone - outside Morrisons Supermarket Bus Stop
- (08:10) Folkestone - Bus Station Bay E
- (08:15) Folkestone - Home Pine House Bus Stop
- (08:20) Sandgate - Memorial Bus Stop
- (08:25) Seabrook - The Fountain Pub Bus Stop
- (08:30) Hythe - Red Lion Square Bus Stop
- (08:40) Sellindge - Village Stores Bus Stop
- (08:50) Willesborough - Tesco Bus Stop ( On Main Road )
- (08:55) Ashford - Tesco Park Farm Bus Stop
- (09:00) Ashford - Park Street Bus Stop A
- (09:35) Maidstone - Vinters Road Car Park (off Sittingbourne Rd)